Sunday, January 31, 2010

This can't be real....

It was an unusual morning. I got up, and I immediately felt something different. No no, wait, it had nothing to do with my stomach or my excretory system, no. It was something else. Let's call it unusual only.
I got ready. Surprisingly, it was 9.00 am and water was still available. Normally, thanks to BMC water cuts, we would be using water from local tank installed at my place at this time. So anyway, I got ready, and reached Borivli station. And my usual train in which to catch the front standing position I have to display some athletic skills, was empty. The front standing position was vacant, as if reserved for me. Reservation of these places-pretty good idea. Anand and Chandan know about this.
So, listening to my music, I reached college. Actually, I reached Vrindavan corner.
                                                  God knows why,
                                            I decided to have a chai.
That too in Vrindavan and not in Shetty's. So I entered Vrindavan, and a blow struck me. There I saw Pratap with a hot girl. I went and said "Hi.." And I got to know, from the man himself, that he was on a date with the girl. Whoa..No sooner than I was starting to take this in, another blow came, in the form of "fruit salad". Yes, Pratap and his date had ordered a fruit salad.
                                        I dumped the idea of having chai,
                                                  I said goodbye.
I just entered SPCE entrance and I heard singing. It was a group of people singing songs cheerfully. When I looked closely, it turned out to be Nikita, Komal, Rashmi and Sanket Pednekar. Just to be sure, I asked them, "People, is this part of your project?" The reply I got, "Project? Who cares about that?Waise bhi R.K. ne lecture free diya hai. She said ke 'Let the kids enjoy their lives. Yehi to umar hai.' And waise bhi gaane mein jo maza hai woh aur kis mein hai?" As they said this, Gaurav Dobhal, Sanket Godbole and Anand passed by. I just heard them saying,"Kya idiot log hain..Gaane gaate rehte hain..Project chod ke ye sab dikhta hai ye log ko.." Jhol hai bhai jhol hai!
I started moving towards my class. I thought, 'Free lecture hai. Kuch toh timepass chalu rahega class mein.' I entered our class, and there he was. Mr. Vivek Sagale, on first bench, with a reference book. Yes, with a reference book, completely engrossed in it. I just couldn't disturb him. A few benches back, I saw Vicky. I screamed out at him, "Chal yaar football khelte hain." And he said, "Abe pakta hai yaar football mein. Class mein baith ke hi kuch karte hain na!"
After hearing this, I could no longer stay in class. I called up Ruchika and asked her where were other people. She said, she was with Ankitha and Snehal in Bhavan's canteen. I went there, got a Masala Dosa and Masala Paav and joined them. And suddenly Ruchika shouted, "Ye kaun si faltu dishes le ke aaya hai? Ye sab nahi bhaati mujhe!" Before I could reply, Ankitha spotted some 'so called dude', and went off to get his phone number. Snehal reacted, "Kya maza aata hai dudes ke saath flirt karne mein?"
So I got out of Bhavan's canteen also. There was Tanmay, holding out a banner that said, "SAY NO TO DRINKING!" A couple of girls running in track suit passed by me. I turned around to see who they were, and it was Pratiksha and Swati. They were preparing for some race.  Itne mein, I got a call from Rupesh. He asked me to come to Kirti mam's lab. So I went there and asked him what the problem was. He said, with a cardboard in hand, "Saala kab se ye circle ke shape mein kaatne ko try kar raha hoon, jam hi nahi raha hai. Please kaat ke de na! In fact, poora gift hi bana ke de na!" I stopped him and said, "Dost ye mere se digest nahi ho raha. Ruk main kisi aur ko bhejta hoon." Bahar nikalte hi mujhe Amey Patil mila. I asked him to go and help Rupesh out. He said, "Sure. Plus achche handwritting mein usko kuch likh ke bhi deta hoon. Aakhir Chandan ne mujhe achchi handwritting sikha di hai!"
I decided not to try my luck any more and to go home. But as I was getting into the lift on 5th floor, a group of G.T., Ankit Shah, Gurtej, Chandan, Ann, Himali and a few others came out of the lift. G.T. said, "Alas Omkar we found you. Please teach us this chapter from XYZ subject. None of us understand it." Inside my head I said, "What the hell?" But my hands were taking out 'Reference Book of XYZ' from my bag, my feet were taking me back into the class along with all the scholars, my mouth started saying words from the book, they all seemed to understand what I was saying, I had no control over what was happening, and........
And I woke up. Thank god I woke up. Of course this can't be real. This just can't be. But can some bits of this dream turn out to be true? You never know! After all Life Is Interesting!!

5 comments:

  1. Dude, What a post man!

    Make everyone in the class read this one.

    Any resemblance to any character above is highly shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol kaul with a girl in vrindavan with fruit salad...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. waah waah!!
    very funny post!!
    the title is soooh apt.fantastic stuff.keep updating!
    P.S:i don't mind participating in the race,it depends on the prize the will give me if i win!lol!

    ReplyDelete