Saturday, January 2, 2010

Always moving ahead..

It happened a few days ago. I had come to college in the evening. Tired from a nightout the previous night(lack of sleep I mean to say) and a 3-hour GD-PI session in class just minutes ago, I reached college. I was to meet my friends. But it turned out, they still had an hour or so to come. I thought, what can I do? My thoughts could easily wander on the lines, "shit yaar..I'm bored..I'll cancel the plan and go home". But I thought, let's do something else. So I decided to go and sit in the temple in the campus. It was such a relaxing experience. I didn't actually sleep, but it gave me what I needed.
This always happens, with almost everyone at one point of time or another. One's life comes to such terms that he doesn't know what to do. He has time but no clue as to how to utilize that time. It is often heard, "Kuch karne ko hai nahi re...bas so raha hoon..". For ones who just love sleeping, great thing. But for some idiots such as me, sleeping for more time than what your body and soul asks for, doesn't even account for as a choice. And the choice isn't even needed.
There's so much to do around, it just needs to strike to onself. Life never becomes stagnant. There are so many things to explore, it just needs a little bit of thinking. If seen with right perspective, there's joy in almost everything(I asked myself immediately, "What joy you had whole last month while studying for stupid exams?" I thought twice and still dared to make this statement). There are so many things we don't know. Of course, hardly any of them seem important as to not miss out on. But still, what harm is in it, just in trying out? Who knows, what seems unimportant today may turn out to be the silver-lining of your life tomorrow..
One may feel, I have done everything I was supposed to do. Think again, and try something else if you actually have done everything you are supposed to do. If one feels, "I have accomplished everything! I'm the supremacy..", congratulations. But still there ought to be something missing. Try and find that out. If one thinks "I am just a waste of space. I haven't done anything..", well, even more congratulations. Because you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.
Some feel that I know very well the people around me and then live with those respective images of those people. There's almost always something more about every personality, and sometimes there's a chance that you have overlooked a thing here and there. By chance or deliberately, different issue. I, for an instance, am still getting to know things(I dont mean gossip here..although I confess I enjoy a bit of that also) about many people with whom I spent many years..Most of these things are good. Many even tend to overestimate themselves by saying, "I know myself very well". A slim chance of that being wrong also. There's so much to explore even about yourself!
All I'm saying is that never stop in a phase permanantly. Look back, see what all you have got, take a break every once a while and set out to enjoy the journey of life again. More than anyone else, I tell this to myself. Be happy with whatever you have, and make others happy too. Happy new year to everyone.
Cheers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year again :) .The temple is a very nice place to sit and disconnect from the hustle bustle that lies beyond the college gates. (ive done similar things quite often,though my favourite place to disconnect would be ganga kinare at hrishikesh. That place was mystical)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!yeah some places just help you think better and temples are one of them,though i am not very religious.
    honestly never had this -what to do now? confusion!i always have something to do,however silly it might be.nice perspective though-life is full of unexplored things.keep updating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, this was just the kind of post i was looking forward to read! I have the same thoughts about most of the things you wrote in there. Bravo and wish you have a very nice year ahead. Never get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pratap: wud love 2 knw more abt dat place..if u hav pics..wud like 2 see dem
    @pratiksha: great if u always hav something 2 do..dat's d way..
    @sanket: yes sir...it had d background of our discussion...

    ReplyDelete