Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friendship Rocks!!

When I thought, what would be the first thing about which I'll write, I had an answer immediately. It's the thing that makes life interesting. The thing that mkes life fun. the thing that prevents life from getting monotonous. It's-"Friendship".
I call myself lucky. Why? Because over the years, I have been blessed with great friends. Right from the school days. And wait, I'm not talking about people with whom we only do timepass and hangout and all. There are plenty of such people. But I'm talking about friends who mean more than that.
One of the turning points in my life was my friendship with 2-3 fellows back in school who completely changed my attitude towarde my friends. Friendship with them gave birth to a new "me". I sort of got out of a box- a box that made me think only in a particular direction. My ways of thinking started to find new dimensions.
After that, be it Junior College, Classes or the great great SPIT, I have had wonderful people as my friends and I have much of a respect for them. Why do these people mean so much to me?
These friends are the people with whom I can speak literally on anything. The most important part of any relation is the love, care and value one has for another. And luckily enough, these friends of mine have all these things "in-built" in them.
Why is friendship one of the most beautiful things on earth? I think, it is the purest form of a relation. In a sense that, family relations are there because they are there. One doesn't really have an option to "choose" relatives. But there is such option as far as friends are concerned. Friendship is based on no compulsion, but only on one's own wish.
Whenever I am in trouble or I have any sorrow, my friends have always been there to help me out. They can make out if I'm not alright without me even telling them so. Even if they sometimes can't really do anything to help me out, it's their support that does the trick. My friends, just being there with me is a great boost in itself.
The time spent with such friends has been very much cherishable. Those hangouts at Vazira Ganpati Mandir(odd place for hangouts, isn't it?), those late night talks at Haridas Nagar corner, those "sessions" at Andheri Bus-stop, those times working with them for some activities, those songs sung with them, those trips and travels with them, those sports played with them, those times in Quad and Canteen, those hugs from them when they were needed the most........These are the memories that can last for the lifetime.
I just want to thank all my friends for being there.
Friendship really rocks!!!

7 comments:

  1. A prime topic to start with. Happy you did.
    It's the purity you talk about in a relation..
    The way you can choose them unlike other relations..And the support, be it moral or otherwise..
    A friendship only does that for you isn't it?
    There are so many dimensions to it..
    To me it has always been a very steep task to write about it. Really like the way you put it all..
    Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good One! We too are luck to have a good friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 post . U've made some very important points.and again i am blessed to have a friend like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a start!well i have had the privilege to hear it from you in bits and also share some of the abovementioned moments,nevertheless it was a great read throughout.very beautifully written,straight from your heart as always!keep updating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gaurav: Thanks..a topic very close to me..
    @Sanket, Tanmay: Thank u..
    @Pratiksha: Thanks..I hope we'll have many such moments in the coming time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome sir! good to see you writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emotional kar diya yar...
    too good..

    ReplyDelete