Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In-class sleep

"Last night I had watched this episode and that
as a kid I had seen a magician, his rabbit, his hat.."
whoa, suddenly I realize, I'm in a lecture deep
and thus I write about in-class sleep...

as I wake up with a sudden jerk,
I extend my neck and try to gather the classwork,
at that I fail miserably, yet I peep and peep,
and thus I write about in-class sleep...

I give up on that and then I look around,
hoping that others are on the same ground,
some fully concentrating, give me creep,
am I the only one with in-class sleep?

But then some nice people are a reassuring sight,
I observe them, with sleep they fight,
the world is still not a place so steep,
some phenomenon it is, in-class sleep...

It's like a world in a trance,
vivid images blow up and around they dance,
it's a state of 'high' without any shot or nip,
and thus I write about in-class sleep...

There's a class to sleeping in class,
it needs some skill, not a job for the mass,
I'm not sure if this poem is classy or cheap,
regardless, I go back to in-class sleep...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment